Onion soup (recipe from Lidl) by
Tags: favourites, easy
I got this recipe from kuchnialidla.pl, but with some changes:
- I halved the amount of ingredients to make only 2 servings
- I didn't bake the soup in the oven - instead I prepared the bread with cheese separately
For better taste use homemade bullion.
More photos on flickr.
- onions: 8 medium
- olive oil: 1 tbsp
- butter: 2 tbsp
- flour: 2 tbsp
- homemade bullion (chicken, pork or beef): 500 ml
- bay leaf: 1
- salt and pepper
1. Cut onions into thin wedges.
2. Add oil and butter to the pot
3. When the butter melt, add onions.
4. Fry onions on big heat for 15-25 minutes, stirring often. They need to get brown, but not burned.
5. Add flour and fry for 3 minutes.
6. Add bullion, bay leaf and stir it.
7. Reduce the heat and boil for about 15 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper at your discretion.
Serve with toasted bread or bread fried shortly on the pan with olive oil. You can add a slice of cheese on the bread while frying.