Egg salad by
The recipe is loosely based on this recipe.
A chicken breast fillet instead of pork ham tastes good as well.
More photos on flickr.
- pork ham: about 300g
- broccoli: 1 small fresh or about 100g frozen
- red pepper: 0.5 of medium
- sweetcorn: 0.75 of can
- pickled cucumbers: 6 cornichons / small ones or 2-3 medium size
- cheese (mozzarella or gouda): 4 tbsp of grated or about 75g piece
- eggs: 4
- chives: 2 tbsp
- bread: 2 slices
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, paprika, chilli, herbes de Provence
- sour cream (12% or 18%): 2 tbsp
- mayonnaise: 2 tbsp
- ketchup: 1 tbsp
- mustard: 1 tbsp
1. Cut ham into 1cm cubes. Spice it with salt, pepper and paprika.
2. Cut pepper into 1cm cubes.
3. If using fresh broccoli, cut it into smaller pieces.
4. Cut bread into pieces, spray it with olive oil and spice with all spices
5. Set the oven to 180°C. When the oven is ready, put there the meat.
6. When the meat is half baked (not raw on the outside), put there broccoli and pepper and spray them with olive oil.
7. About 5 minutes before meat and vegetables are ready (tender), put the bread to the oven.
8. In the meantime hard boil eggs, cut pickled cucumbers into small pieces (size similar to sweetcorn), chop the cheese if it's not grated and chop chives.
9. Mix ham, broccoli, pepper, sweetcorn, cucumbers and cheese.
10. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard, add it to the salad and mix thoroughly.
11. Cut eggs into wedges.
12. Decorate salad with eggs, chives and bread.