Turkey Burgers by
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp water
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 lb ground turkey
1.5 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
3 Tbsp panko bread crumbs
3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
4 slices cheese
4 burger buns
lb ground turkey
5 Tbsp soy sauce
unsalted butter, melted
panko bread crumbs
1. Place oil in 12 inch nonstick skillet, set aside
2. Combine water and baking soda in small bowl
3. Please turkey in a large bowl - using hands, break up meat into 1/2-inch chunks.
4. Drizzle water/baking soda mixture, soy sauce, and melted butter over turkey.
5. Add panko, parmesan, gelatin, salt, and pepper. Using hands, gently toss meat to combine all seasonings and additions.
6. Divide meat into lightly packed portions (4.2 oz each).
7. Shape each portion into a 1/2 inch thick patty (around 4 inches across) and transfer to the prepared skillet.
8. Heat skillet over medium heat. When patties begin sizzling, cover skillet and cook until patties are well browned on bottom (2.5-3 minutes from covering). Flip patties, cover, and cook until second side is well browned. If using cheese, add cheese when about 1 minute of cooking remains. Second side should cook for a total of another 2.5-3 minutes.
9. Transfer burgers to plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to buns and serve.