Baked Potato by
2 Russet Potatoes
Vegetable or Olive Oil
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Scrub potatoes under cold running water.
3. Dry potatoes thoroughly.
4. Poke holes with a fork or paring knife all over the potatoes so that the moisture can escape while cooking.
5. Place potatoes in bowl and coat with vegetable or olive oil.
6. Sprinkle with two large pinches of kosher salt. Shake bowl to coat the potatoes evenly.
7. Place a wire cooling rack in an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
8. Place the potatoes onto the cooling rack, and place the sheet in the middle of the oven.
9. Bake until the skin feels crisp but the flesh feels soft and the interior of the potato has reached between 205 and 210ºF, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
10. Remove the potatoes from the oven with oven mitts. Using the fork, create a dotted line from end to end on the top of each potato and crack the spud open by squeezing the ends towards one another; watch out for the steam. Serve immediately.