Buttermilk French Toast (6 slices) by
3/4 C of well-shaken buttermilk
2 large eggs
1-1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 pinch salt
3 dashes ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 (1/2 inch thick or store thickness) slices of bread
2 Tbsp butter, divided into 4 (1/2 tbsp) pats
C of well-shaken buttermilk
-1/2 Tbsp sugar
es ground cinnamon
(1/2 inch thick or store thickness) slices of bread
butter, divided into 4 (1/2 tbsp) pats
1) Preheat oven to 250 F
2) Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
3) Pour enough of this mixture into a shallow 4-sided dish to coat the bottom
4) Add 2 slices of bread
5) Pour enough of the mixture over the bread to cover the top
6) Shake the dish and flip the bread with tongs until enough of the buttermilk mixture has been absorbed (but the bread is not falling apart).
7) Melt one pat of butter in a medium non-stick pan over medium+ heat.
8) Once foaming has subsided, transfer the two slices of bread to the pan. Cook for 90 seconds, flip with a spatula, and cook for another 90 seconds. Once both sides have been browned to taste, transfer to backing sheet in warm oven.
9) Turn off the skillet, repeat steps 3-8 until finished.