Tofu "Eggs" (Vegan) by
I have tried MANY variants on the tofu scrambled "egg" idea. This one is by far my favorite. The "eggs" are good by themselves, or use this as a basic recipe to which you can add other veggies, cheese, etc. Also good with refried beans!
16 oz package extra firm tofu, well drained and patted dry
sufficient cooking oil to coat pan
fresh garlic to taste (optional)
1/8 - 1/4 cup water
1 tsp tumeric
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste
oz package extra firm tofu, well drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup water
1. Cut tofu into 1/2 squares
2. Add oil to pan
3. Heat garlic (if used) in oil until aromatic
4. Add tofu to oil and garlic. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add tumeric during frying. Mix.
6. Add water. Mix. Continue cooking for 2-4 minutes.
7. Add yeast while cooking.
8. Cook off added water.
9. Add hot sauce, salt, and pepper.