Strawberry Pecan Bread by
1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
• 1-1/2 cups self rising flour
• 1 cup white sugar, plus two tablespoons
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup chopped pecans
fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
1. Place strawberries in a small bowl and pour two tablespoons of sugar over them. Stir and set aside.
2. In mixing bowl, place flour, remaining sugar, oil, eggs, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
3. Add pecans and strawberries and mix again until well combined and a pretty shade of pink.
4. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan ten minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely.
6. For an extra special treat, butter and toast a slice before serving