Dutch Baby by
Source: My Mom!
1 c. milk
1 c. flour
½ t. vanilla
½ t. cinnamon
1/8 t. salt
3 T. butter
¼ c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place cast iron skillet into oven to preheat.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
4. Add milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Batter should be thin, but smooth and creamy.
5. Carefully remove skillet from the oven and coat with layer of butter.
6. Add the batter and then cut small pieces of the butter and distribute evenly over the batter.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve with powdered sugar and lemon - or syrup as you please.