Carrot Turkey burgers by
Tags: Freezable, Quick&Easy
About 10 -12 baby carrots
About 1/2 lb ground turkey
About 2-4 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs (sorry I just shook some in so I'm not sure how much I used)
Some scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Steam the baby carrots until they are really soft (about 15 minutes), then mash with a fork
2. Combine turkey, carrots, bread crumbs and scallions in a bowl.
3. Spray a sautee pan with olive oil and heat over medium low heat.
4. Shape turkey mixture into burgers and put in sautee pan, cover and cook for about three minutes. Flip and cook, covered, for about 3 more minutes. (Check that the burger is cooked all the way through, I make my burgers pretty thin so you might have to cook longer on each side to fully cook depending on how thick they are).
5. Any burgers you don't eat you can freeze (put wax paper between them before putting into a ziplock bag so they don't stick together). To serve from frozen, you can microwave frozen burger on 50% power for 60 to 90 seconds or until it's pretty much thawed and then put in the toaster oven for a couple minutes to warm it up.