Angel Food Cake Waldorf with toasted almonds by
1 Angelfood cake (bought or homebaked)
6 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups whipping cream
1 pkg. slivered almonds
Angelfood cake (bought or homebaked)
s whipping cream
pkg. slivered almonds
1. Toast the slivered almonds in 350 degree oven till lightly browned
(about 5 minutes)
2. Mix sugar, salt, and cocoa
3. Whip cream until stiff, do not over beat.
4. Fold in the sugar,salt and cocoa mixture.
5. Slice off top layer of cake and set aside. (about 3/4 inch.)
6. ON the bottom half dig out a little tunnel of cake and stuff it with frosting mixture.
7. Put the top back on and frost the top and sides of cake.
8. Sprinkle top with toasted almonds