Chocolate Chip Roasted Coconut Marshmellow by
It will be easier to spread your marshmallow across the pan with wet hands. Lightly soak them with water.
- 3 Packages of unflavored gelatin
- 1.5 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- generous amounts of chocolate chips
- prepared chocolate ganache
- package of coconut
1) Combine gelatin with 1/2 cup of cold water in a bowl with an electric mixer.
2)Meanwhile combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt and 1/2 cup of water in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. raise the heat to high and cook until the candy thermometer reaches 240 degrees.
3)On low speed, pour in the sugar with the gelatin and mix in chocolate chips. put the mixer on high and wait for the mixture to become very thick (about 15 minutes).
4) and vanilla and mix thoroughly
5) toast your coconut and pour enough of it to cover the bottom of a glass 6 X 12 inch pan. Smooth out the marshmallow and evenly spread the rest of the coconut on top.
6) drizzle the top of the marshmallow coconut dessert with chocolate ganache (lightly)