Chicken Dumplings by
One Pleat Dumpling Wrapping Technique
Step 1: Spoon about 1/2 tbsps on filling in the middle of the
wrapper. Dip your index finger into a bowl of water and wet the
edge of the wrapper. This is to ensure the edges will adhere
Step 2: Lift 2 sides of the wrapper and pinch hard in the middle
of the semi-circle (over the filling) like the photo below.
Step 3: Using both hands, fold in the other 2 sides of the wrapper
to form a “H”.
Step 4: Fold the top left of the tip to the center.
Step 5: Fold the top right of the tip to the center and make sure
both tips are overlapped. Pinch hard to seal the tips and
edges in the middle.
Step 6: Pinch the remaining edges to seal any exposed fillings.
Step 7: Done!
To eat the dumplings, spoon some of your favourite chilli
paste/sauces (or my personal fav chilli sambal)…
1kg minced chicken
9 stalks of spring onions, finely chopped
9 cabbage leaves, finely chopped
2 tsps ginger, minced
1tsp garlic, minced
2 tbsps soy sauce
2 tbsps shaoxing rice wine
1 tbsps sesame oil
1.5 tbsps salt
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsps white vinegar
1 tsp garlic, grated/minced
0.5 tbsp sugar
chopped fresh chilli (optional)
1 tsp sesame oil
some white pepper
80 ready-made dumpling wrappers (look out for "jiaozi" or "gow gee" on the packaging - these are thicker than wonton wrapper.
kg minced chicken
stalks of spring onions, finely chopped
cabbage leaves, finely chopped
s ginger, minced
s soy sauce
s shaoxing rice wine
s sesame oil
5 tbsps salt
light soy sauce
s white vinegar
5 tbsp sugar
ready-made dumpling wrappers (look out for "jiaozi" or "gow gee" on the packaging - these are thicker than wonton wrapper.
1. sprinkle salt over cabbage together and mix to combine. set aside for 10 minutes. then squeeze the "juices" out from the cabbage.
2. mix to combine the remaining ingredients plus the cabbage in a large bowl.
3. wrap the dumpling. if you want to taste test the dumplings, start prepare a pot of boiling water before wrapping the dumpling. drop in the first dumpling in the boiling water and it will float to the surface when it is cooked. taste the dumpling and add more seasoning if necessary.
4. when you are satisfied with the seasoning of the filling, start wrapping the dumplings.
5. to cook the dumplings: placed the dumplings in batches in boiling water. it's important not to crowd the dumplings in the pot to avoid them sticking together.
6. serve immediately. if not, try to lay them out individually on a lightly greased tray as the dumpling will stick together as they cool.