Healthy Southwest Avocado Bean Salad by
1 - 15 oz. can of black beans
1 - 15 oz. can of pinto beans
2 tomatoes, on the vine or roma
2 ripe avocados
⅓ cup frozen or fresh corn
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup yellow onion
½ tablespoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
⅛ teaspoon oregano
a pinch of allspice
tortilla chips for serving
1. Drain black and pinto beans and pour into a large bowl, preferably one that's portable and has a lid! [What dirty dishes?]
2. Add sea salt and mix with beans.
3. Dice the onion and add to the bowl.
4. Chop tomatoes into ½ pieces and toss into the bowl.
5. Dice the avocados into ½ pieces and toss into the bowl.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the bowl.
7. Add seasonings and mix everything together until well combined. If needed, add a hint more salt.