Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by
• 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 4 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed
Combine the soy sauce, brown rice syrup, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
Place the mushrooms stem side up on a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the mushrooms and let marinate for 1 hour.
Prepare the grill.
Pour the excess marinade off the mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and place the mushrooms on the grill. Grill each side for 4 minutes, brushing with the marinade every few minutes.
During the last few minutes of grilling, brush the mushrooms with Barbecue Sauce.