Honey Porter Glazed Chicken Skewers by
Source: The Beeroness
Tags: Chicken, Grill
*Use metal skewers made for the grill, or soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to use. The best way to do that is to place wooden skewers on a rimmed baking sheet, cover with water and place a heavy plate on top of the skewers to submerge.
*Glaze will thicken as it cools. If it becomes too thick to brush, heat slightly to thin.
2 cloves garlic, grated with a microplane (or minced)
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup porter or stout beer
1 tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp Dijon mustard
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ tsp pepper
1 tbs olive oil
¼ cup chopped shallots (about 1 medium shallot)
6 boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into cubes
Oil for the grill
Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
cloves garlic, grated with a microplane (or minced)
porter or stout beer
red pepper flakes
tbs olive oil
boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into cubes
1) In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, honey, porter, red pepper flakes, mustard, soy sauce and pepper.
2) Add the chicken cubes, refrigerate for 1 hour and up to overnight.
3) Remove the chicken from marinade (reserve the marinade) thread the chicken through wooden skewers.
4) In a pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil and shallots.
5) Sautee until shallots have softened, about 5 minutes.
6) Add marinade and boil, stirring frequently, until reduced and thickened, about 8 minutes.
1) Preheat grill to medium high.
2) Brush the grill lightly with oil.
3) Brush the chicken with the glaze, place on the grill. Brush with glaze and turn every 2-4 minutes until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with chopped cilantro prior to serving.
1) Preheat the oven to 400.
2) Place chicken on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
3) Brush liberally with glaze.
4) Roast at 400 for 30-40 minutes, brushing with glaze every 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
5) Sprinkle with chopped cilantro prior to serving.