Baked Mozzarella Sticks by
Source: Skinny Taste
12 sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
1 large egg
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
Nonstick cooking spray
Marinara sauce and/or Ranch dressing, for serving
sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
teaspoons parmesan cheese
Tablespoon dried parsley
1) Remove wrappers and cut cheese in half to give you 24 pieces. Freeze cheese until hard and frozen, about 30 minutes.
2) In three separate shallow dishes, place egg, flour and breadcrumbs, each in their own dish. Whisk egg. To breadcrumbs dish, add panko, parmesan and parsley.
3) Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4) Dip frozen cheese sticks in flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then coat with the crumbs. Repeat for each cheese stick, placing them on the lined baking sheet.
5) Freeze on sheet at least 15 minutes, or until ready to bake (this is a must or they will melt before the crumbs get golden).
6) When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange oven rack in the bottom third of your oven.
7) Bake 4 to 5 minutes, turn sticks over, and bake an additional 4-5 minutes, watching sticks closely so they don't melt. Serve hot with marinara sauce or Ranch dressing for dipping.
Serving Size: 2 Sticks