Low Fat Baked Onion Rings by
Source: Life as a Lofthouse
1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
2 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup crushed corn flake crumbs
salt to taste
olive oil baking spray
medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
panko bread crumbs
Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
crushed corn flake crumbs
1) Place slices of onion in a shallow dish.
2) Pour the buttermilk over the top and let them soak for about 1 - 2 hours, refrigerated.
3)Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
4) Combine panko, bread crumbs and corn flakes and place half of the crumbs in a large dish, season with salt. Reserve the rest for when the first batch is used up. This should help avoid clumping and they should stick better to the onions.
5) Dip each soaked onion ring into the crumb mixture; coat well.
6) Place rings onto two cookie sheets. Lightly spray with oil.
7) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1/2
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 0.6 g
|| 1.6 g
|| 1.7 g
|| 2.9 g