Bún Bò Xào by
- thịt bò beef (or any other cut of meat, preferably pork)
- dầu hào oyster sauce
- dầu mè sesame oil
- tiêu black pepper
- tỏi bầm minced garlic
- dầu ăn cooking oil
- đường sugar
- hành lá scallions
- hành tây white onions
- nước mắm fish sauce
- bún vermicelli noodles
- cà rốt và củ ngâm pickled carrots and daikon
- nước mắm ngọt sweet fish sauce
- củ hẹ purple shallots, can be pre-fried
- đậu phộng roasted, unseasoned peanuts
- bean sprouts
- tía tô vietnamese perilla
- kinh giới vietnamese balm
1. Chop the white onion and scallions in big, bite-size chunks.
2. Marinate the beef/pork in fish sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, minced garlic, and sugar with the onions and scallions.
3. Pour about 1-2 tbsp of cooking oil into a wok.
4. Cook the meat then set aside.
1. Rehydrate the noodles and let sit for about 20 minutes in hot water or until soft and chewable.
1. Slice purple shallots and fry. (or you can buy pre-fried shallots at an Asian market)
2. Roast peanuts - leave unseasoned.
3. Slice up all of the vegetables and herbs.
Plate by starting with the vermicelli noodles then build up with the marinated meat and vegetables. Add pickled vegetables and garnishes. Pour fish sauce over the top and ENJOY!