Slow Cooked Pork Casserole by
Serve with wholemeal rice, or a crusty wholemeal roll.
5 pork chops
2 celery sticks
250g green beans
2x 850ml chopped tomatoes
1 vegetable stock cube
2 tsps cumin powder
1 tsp garlic powder
shake herbs de provence
g green beans
x 850ml chopped tomatoes
vegetable stock cube
s cumin powder
1. Chop the pork chops into bite-size chunks, and mix together with some olive oil, cumin powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. While the pork is marinating, chop up the carrots, turnip and green beans and put into salted boiling water.
3. Heat some oil in a frying pan, and fry the pork until brown on all sides.
4. Meanwhile, chop the leeks, celery and onion. When the pork is browned, transfer to slow cooker pot. In the same frying pan, fry the leeks and onions until softened. (I usually add some water in small quantities now and again to help the softening process.)
5. Having transferred the leeks, celery and onion to the slow cooker pot, fry the courgette in the same frying pan.
6. Once the courgettes are soft, add to the slow cooker pot along with the carrots, turnip and green beans.
7. Finish off by adding the chopped tomatoes and the stock cube. Season to taste.
8. Leave the ingredients bubbling in the slow cooker for 4 hours or so, when the ingredients are soft, and the sauce is thickened.
Nutrition Information (per serving):