Chicken Skillet with Jalapeno and Cheese Sauce by
2 teaspoons olive oil
6 medium chicken thighs
Salt and pepper, to taste
¾ teaspoon chili powder
¾ teaspoon cumin
½ cup onion, finely diced
3 medium jalapeños, seeds removed, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
teaspoons olive oil
medium chicken thighs
medium jalapeños, seeds removed, finely diced
cloves garlic, minced
ounces cream cheese
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 425F, and a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the olive oil to the skillet. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin.
2. Sear the chicken by placing the skin side down into the skillet. Allow it to cook for about 10 minutes before flipping the chicken oven. Move the skillet to the oven the bake for another 15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
3. Set the chicken thighs aside then drain the pan so that only a few teaspoons of oil remain. Heat the pan over medium-low heat before dumping in the onion and jalapenos. Cook for about five minutes, or until softened before adding the garlic then continue to cook until fragrant.
4. Stir in the chicken broth and cream cheese. Once it emulsifies into a cream sauce, mix in the shredded cheddar cheese.
5. Add the chicken thighs back into the skillet, make sure that they’re thoroughly coated with the cheese sauce then serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 32.62 g
|| 36.88 g