Special potato cutlets by
This recipe requires asian herbs and spices, when you give a look at the inhredients the recipe looks really difficult but its really easy to make if the ingredients are in hand. ( all ingredients are normally found in kitchen of every pakistani/ indian).
Potatoes boiled- 4 medium
Onions-quarter cup (finely chopped)
Boiled boneless chicken- half cup(shredded with fork)
Fresh coriander -half cup
Green chillies- 2-3
Red chilli powder-2 tsp
Red chilli seeds-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tbsp
Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
Turmeric powder- half teaspoon (optional)
Dried pomegranate seeds-2 tsp( optional)
Chaat masala any brand or homemade-1 tsp( if not available then add 1/2 tsp more red chilli powder)
Dried mango powder-1/2 tsp (optional)
Oil - 4-5 tbsp
1. Boil potatoes and with the help of fork check if they are really tender take them out, peel one by one and mash them immediately so there remains no lumps( don't put under cold water this will not give a silky mash). Use fork so as not to burn hands.
2. Add in all other ingredients and spices. (Except egg, and breadcrumbs and oil)
3.Grease your hands with a bit of oil, take 2 heaped tbsp of the mixture and make small round shaped patties(kebabs)almost 3 inch diameter and 1/2 inch width( just to give u an idea.
4. Heat oil in frying pan
5. One by one dip cutlet in beaten egg and then coat in bread crumbs.
6. Put in oil and turn the side with flat spatula when it turns golden brown and fry the other side.
7. Serve hot with ketchup/chutney/dip.