Tex Mex layered salad by
* 1 1/2 cups ranch dressing
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 2 tbs fresh lime juice
* 2 cups chopped tomatoes(about 4 tomatoes)
* 8 scallions, both white and light green parts, chopped (for 1 cup)
* 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
* 1 pkg.(2 cups) shredded Mexican style cheese
* 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (11 oz) yellow corn kernels with peppers, drained
* 4 cups crumbled corn bread
Place salad dressing, cilantro, cumin and lime juice in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
Place the tomatoes and scallions in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Set aside, in separate containers, 1/2 cup of the lettuce and cheese and 1/4 cup each of the black beans, corn kernels, and tomato/scallion mixture.
Place half of the remaining lettuce in the bottom of a 4 qt. glass serving bowl. Scatter 2 cups of the corn bread on top of lettuce. Pour 1/2 cup of the salad dressing over corn bread. Place 1/2 of the remaining black beans on top of the corn bread, then add 1/2 of the remaining corn kernels. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the remaining cheese over top.
Add remaining lettuce, then the remaining 2 cups corn bread. Pour 1/2 cup salad dressing. Layer on the black beans, followed by a layer of corn, then the rest of the cheese. Pour on 1/cup salad dressing and scatter with tomato/scallion mixture.
Garnish salad by creating an attractive pattern using remaining ingredients.
Serve at once or cover with plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as a side dish.
Hint: don't toss the salad when serving, just dig down to get a little of all the layers- leftovers will last longer-