Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup (SC) by
- 2 (14oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup half and half , warmed
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, chicken broth, onions, oregano, basil and bay leaf to a large slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours until veggies are soft.
- About 30 minutes before serving prepare a roux, melt butter over low heat and add flour. Stir constantly 5-7 mins. Slowly stir in 1 cup hot soup, add another 3 cups and stir until smooth. add all back to the slow cooker. stir and add the Parmesan cheese, warmed half and half, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for another 30 mins or so until ready to serve.