Cream Cheese Chicken Enchilladas by
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- 1 cup shredded pepper- jack cheese, divided in half
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed.
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 -8 inch flour tortillas.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°
- In a medium bowl cream together cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in 1/2 cup of salsa. Stir in 1/2 of each type of cheese.
- In a second bowl toss together the chicken, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, and half of the scallions.
- Add the chicken mixture to the cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of salsa in the bottom of a baking dish. Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup of filling on a tortilla, roll it up, put in dish seam side down. Repeat for all tortillas.
- Pour remaining salsa over enchiladas, spreading to coat them all. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese to coat.
- Transfer to pre-heated oven and bake 20-30 minutes until its hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions and serve warm.