Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies by
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mini-chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chips + 1 teaspoon shortening for drizzle, optional.
PREPARE THE BROWNIES
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick spray. In a medium glass bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave, in short bursts of 30 seconds;stir after each burst remove from microwave after melted and smooth.set aside to cool slightly.In a large mixing bowl whisk ttogether the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk those in too.Mix in melted chocolate. whisk in the flour and mix just until combined (doont over mix). Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-35 minutes.watch closely.
PREPARE THE COOKIE DOUGH
In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix in milk and vanilla.Mix in flour until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
-Spread cookie dough over the cooled brownies. Refrigerate until the doughis quite firm. its ok to speed up the process and stick it in the freezer aswell. the firmer the dough the easier it will be to cut into squares. Use a sharp knife to cut into the brownies. You may need to wipe a knife off with a paper towel in between cuts since the fudgie brownies and cookie dough will stick to the knife a bit. Best served in cupcake papers and a fork.
- If you would like to add chocolate drizzle on top, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of shortening in the microwave; stir until smooth. Scoop the melted chocolate into a ziplock baggie and snip off the corner. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top if desired