Spaghetti Squash Frittata by
•1/4 cup egg whites
•1 and 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash: directions click here
•1/2 tsp. minced garlic (1 clove)
•2 tsp. coconut oil, divided
•1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (or other veggies of choice)
•handful of baby spinach
•salt and pepper to taste
•optional: cheese, nutritional yeast (no longer paleo)
•an oven-safe skillet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg, egg whites and spaghetti squash. Set aside.
3. Melt 1 tsp. coconut oil in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet.
4. Add the garlic, spinach and peppers and sautee until the spinach has wilted and the peppers are soft.
5. Add the spinach and peppers mixture to the egg mixture.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Re-coat skillet with other tsp. of coconut oil and pour entire mixture into the skillet.
8. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through (shake the skillet — it is ready when it is firm).
9. Remove from oven, remove from skillet, serve with a side salad and enjoy!