Pork: Steamed pork with couscous and vegs by
Tags: favourites, <30minutes, easy
It's an easy, quick and tasty dinner.
It's important that the meat is prepared in the steamer pot. The juice from meat goes to the water underneath - thanks to this the couscous tastes better than when poured with only salted water.
More photos on flickr.
- pork neck: 320 g
- couscous: 130 g
- olive oil: 0.5 tbsp
- cucumber: 1 medium
- optionally - tomatoes: 2 medium
- salt, pepper and spice mix for pork
1. Cut the pork into cubes and season with spices.
2. Put the meat to the steamer pot.
3. To the water in the bottom part of the pot add salt and oil. This water will be later used to prepare couscous.
4. Cook meat for about half an hour (until the meat is tender).
5. Cut cucumber (and tomatoes) into cubes.
6. When the meat is ready, prepare the couscous: Put it to a bowl, pour with boiling water from the steamer pot (1 glass of water for every 1 glass of couscous), cover and wait about 3 minutes. Then stir it.
7. On plates put couscous in the middle. On the couscous put the meat. Around the couscous put vegetables. Salt the vegetables.
Nutrition Information (per serving):