Indian 1-pot meal - meat with potatoes and yoghurt by
Source: book: kuchnia indyjska
I'm using here pork neck, but in original recipe there was lamb leg.
Depending on meat and potatoes quality, the cooking time (from adding the yoghurt till the end) may vary - from 1 hour to 2 hours.
More photos on flickr.
- pork neck: 400 g
- potatoes: 300 g
- olive oil: 4 tbsp
- onions: 2 medium
- natural yoghurt: 180 g
- garam masala spice: 2 tsp
- ginger (best fresh): 1.5 tsp
- garlic: 1.5 tsp
- chilli: 1 tsp
- black pepper corns: 3
- green cardamom: 3
- black caraway (or caraway): 1 tsp
- cinnamon: 2 sticks
- (sweet) paprika: 1 tsp
- salt: 1.5 tsp
1. Slice onions and fry them until gold. Then put them away.
2. Chop the meat into cubes, put on the hot oil on pan.
3. Add 1 tsp of garam masala and fry the meat for 5-7 minutes, stirring.
4. Add the fried onion, mix and turn the heat off.
5. In a bowl mix ginger, garlic, chilli, pepper corns, cardamom, caraway, cinnamon, paprika and salt. Add yoghurt and mix.
6. Turn the heat under the meat on and slowly add the yoghurt with spices, stirring. Fry it for about 7-10 minutes, stirring.
7. Add water (to barely cover the meat), lower the heat, cover and cook for at least 15 minutes.
8. Cut potatoes and add to the meat.
9. Cook for at least 30 minutes, stirring gently from time to time. The meal is ready when potatoes and meat are tender.
Nutrition Information (per serving):