Shark in jelly (rekin w galarecie) by
It's a typical gelatine, but instead of chicken I used a fish.
More photos on flickr.
- shark meat: 790 g
- gelatine: 20 g
- homemade bullion
- canned peas: 300 g
- optionally: cooked carrot: 1 small
- parsley (for decoration): 1 tbsp
- lemon juice or white vinegar
1. Prepare gelatine as described on the package, using bullion instead of water.
2. Put the gelatine to a cool place for about 15 minutes. It should became a bit thicker, but still liquid.
3. Cook shark meat: season it with salt and white pepper and boil in water.
4. To several bowls put half of the ingredients (peas, sliced carrot, chunks of shark, parsley leaves). Pour it with the gelatine, filling bowls only the half way.
5. Put bowls to a fridge and wait until the gelatine coagulates.
6. Repeat points 4 and 5 with the rest of ingredients.
7. When the gelatine coagulates, gently put a knife between gelatine and the bowl to unstick them. Then put the bowl bottom up on a plate and lift the bowl slowly. The gelatine should stay on the plate.
8. Pour each gelatine with several drops of lemon juice or vinegar.
Serve with bread or potatoes.