Potato soup - with pork by
The taste of this soup is based on potatoes and meat. So be careful with adding vegetables and bacon - too much of it will change the taste.
More photos on flickr.
- potato: 350-400 g
- pork neck or ribs: 175 g (meat) or 250 g (ribs)
- onions: 1 small or 0.5 medium
- smoked belly bacon: 10 g
- lard (for frying): 1 tbsp
- few vegetables (parsley root, carrot, cabbage, lettuce or leek): 10-20 g (half of handful)
- breadcrumbs (from bread) - 1 tbsp
- sour cream or sweet cream with yoghurt: 160 g
- bay leaf: 1
- peppercorns: 3
- salt and pepper
1. Peel potatoes, cut them and put to a pot. Add water and bring it to boil.
2. Add vegetables, bay leaf and peppercorns. Add some salt.
3. Chop bacon and onion.
4. Cut meat into pieces (in case of meat: small slices 2cm thick, in case of ribs: 1 bone per piece). Season it with salt and pepper.
5. On high heat fry bacon and onion in lard for about 3 minutes (until both start getting transparent). If the bacon is fat, skip the lard.
6. Add meat and fry it shortly (about 5 minutes) on both sides. It can be raw inside.
7. Add the bacon, onion and meat to the soup.
8. Cover the pot, lower the heat and cook it for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
9. About 10 minutes before the end add breadcrumbs.
10. Put away to a warm place potatoes, meat and some bigger vegetables. Remove peppercorns and bay leaf.
11. Blend the soup.
12. Add cream, salt and pepper.
13. Put meat and potatoes to a soup plates and pour with the blended soup.
Nutrition Information (per serving):