Chicken from Antilles (coconut milk, pineapple, turmeric) by
- chicken breast fillet: 500 g (one big double fillet)
- onions: 2 medium
- shredded coconut: 45 g
- coconut milk: 400 ml
- tomatoes: 2 medium
- pineapple pieces in syrup: 0.5 of the can (170 g)
- water: 30-40 ml
- turmeric: 1 tsp
- thyme: 1 tbsp
- olive oil: 4 tbsp
- salt and pepper
- coriander or parsley (for decoration): 1 tbsp
1. Clean the chicken and cut every fillet slantwise to 3-4 flat pieces.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat up the oil on a pan and add chicken. Fry it on both sides until it gets golden brown on the surface.
4. Cut onion and add to chicken. Fry for 3 minutes.
5. Add coconut and fry for 1 minute, stirring.
6. Peel tomatoes (you can put them to a boiling water for few minutes for easier peeling), cut into pieces and add to chicken.
7. Add pineapple pieces.
8. Add coconut milk, water, turmeric and thyme. Cover the pan, lover the heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
9. If sauce is too watery, boil it a bit longer (without cover)
10. Add salt and pepper at your discretion
Decorate with coriander or parsley. Serve with basmati rice.
Nutrition Information (per serving):