Lecho (polish: leczo, hungarian: lecsó), with meat and zucchini by
This is a popular dish in Poland, almost considered as a traditional polish cuisine. But it came from Hungary.
More photos on flickr.
- red sweet peppers: 3 medium
- tomatoes: 2 medium
- onions: 1 medium
- pork neck: 250 g
- lard: 3 tbsp (2 for frying + 1 as ingredient)
- smoked belly bacon: 130 g
- smoked sausage: 200 g
- optionally: zucchini / green squash: 1 medium
- breadcrumbs (from bread): 3 tbsp
- tomato purée concentrated: 1 tbsp
- salt and pepper
1. If tomatoes have thick skin, scald and peel them.
2. Blend peppers, tomatoes and onion. Put them to a pot and heat them, stirring from time to time.
3. Cut pork into big cubes and fry it on 2 tbsp of lard (or oil if no lard available). Add to the pot.
4. Cut bacon and sausages and add to the pot.
5. Add 1 tbsp of lard for better taste.
6. If you like zucchini, cut it into cubes and add to the pot.
7. Add breadcrumbs to thicken the meal.
8. Cook for about 1 hour.
9. About 5 minutes before the end, add salt, pepper and tomato purée - at your discretion.
Serve with bread.