Potato salad (recipe from Lidl) by
- potatoes: 600 g
- polish sour cucumber (ogórki kiszone): 100 g
- onions: 1 medium
- capers (canned): 60 g
- olive oil: 3 tbsp
- mustard (Dijon): 6 tsp
- lemon juice: from 0.5 of lemon
- honey: 2 tsp
- chilli or spicy paprika: 1 pinch
- parsley: 1 small bunch
- smoked or raw bacon (as decoration): 50 g
1. Cut potatoes into cubes of similar size (about 1.5 cm).
2. Steam them for 15-20 minutes - potatoes shouldn't be too tender (to keep the shape in the salad).
3. Put them into a bowl and let cool a bit.
4. Cut onion into thin wedges. Add to potatoes.
5. Cut cucumbers into stripes. Add to potatoes and onions.
6. Add capers.
7. Make sauce: mix mustard, honey, lemon juice and oil. Add to the salad.
8. Add chilli / paprika and mix thoroughly - the sauce should cover every piece of potato.
9. Wait some time to let the flavours mix together.
10. Add chopped parsley.
11. Cut bacon into thin slices. Fry it on the pan or bake in oven in 180°C for 15-20 minutes (between sheets of greased paper, pressed with something to make sure it will stay flat). Drain it from fat with a paper towel and decorate to salad.
Nutrition Information (per serving):