Pork: Ragout - pork in lemon (recipe from Lidl) by
- pork neck (or pork pieces for stew): 600 g
- onions: 2 medium
- garlic: 5 cloves
- homemade bullion: 150 ml
- honey: 1 tbsp
- red pepper: 1 medium
- thyme: 1 tbsp
- cumin seed, ground: 1 tbsp
- cinnamon, ground: 1 tsp
- nutmeg, ground: 1 tsp
- olive oil: 2 tbsp
- sugar: 40 g
- lemon: 1
- salt and pepper
1. Wash lemon, cut into thick slices and put into small pot.
2. Add sugar and water (water should only barely cover the lemon).
3. Boil for about 10-15 minutes, stirring often until the peel gets tender.
4. Cut onion into thin wedges, cut pepper into stripes and press the garlic.
5. Cut meat into cubes, add some salt and pepper.
6. Fry the meat on oil on the pan. Then put it away from the pan.
7. On the same oil fry onion, garlic and pepper.
8. After 5 - 10 minutes add meat, cumin, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix it.
9. Add honey and bullion and mix again.
10. Put it into ovenproof dish and put it to the oven with 180°C for 45-60 minutes.
11. When the meat is ready, add thyme and the boiled lemon slices. Mix it gently.
Serve with bread or rice or potatoes.
Nutrition Information (per serving):