Applepie - aromatic on crispy bottom by
- flour of type coarse-ground wholewheat ("krupczatka") or cake ("tortowa"): 540 g
- butter (melted): 200g
- sour cream: 2 tbsp
- powdered sugar: 125 g
- vanilla sugar: 8 g
- egg yolk: 1
- breadcrumbs (from bread roll): 3 tbsp
- sugar (for covering)
- apples: 14 medium
- raisins: 100-125 g
- wine or hot water
- sugar (or sweetener): 4.5 tbsp
The main part:
1. Prepare the dough: mix flour, butter, cream, yolk, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar. Then form an oval, cover in tin foil and put to the fridge for min 30 minutes.
2. 2/3 of the dough cut into thin slices and put them on the bottom and sides of the pan (squeeze the joints). Stab crust with a fork. Put the rest of the dough in the freezer.
3. Bake the crust in 200°C for about 12 minutes (till it's light brown).
4. Let it coll a bit then sprinkle it with 1.5 tbsp of breadcrumbs, put apple filling and cover with another 1.5 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
5. Slice or grate the rest of the dough and cover the cake. Sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake in 160°C for about 25-30 minutes (until the cover is light brown).
1. Peel apples and cut them into slices or small cubes.
2. Fry it on pan on medium heat (add a bit of water on the beginning).
3. Add sweetener.
4. Soak raisins in hot wine or water and then add them to apples.
Serve hot or cool.