Pierogi is a traditional polish dish - dumplings filled with various types of filling: meat, vegetables, potato with quark or fruits...
Fillings are in this recipe.
1. Add all ingredients (water, salt, oil, egg and flour) to a mixer or bread machine and set it to mix (program No. 17 for pasta in bread machine).
2. Put the dough on a pastry board or clean table and flatten it using a rolling pin. The dough should be 1-2 mm thick.
3. Use a glass to cut out round pieces from the dough.
4. For every piece:
- take 1-2 tsp of the filling and put on top of the piece.
- if the filling consist of fruits (fresh or frozen) then add some sugar, if the filling is basing on potatoe, quark or meat then no additional spice is needed.
- stick the borders together into a chosen shape: traditional
5. Boil pierogi in salted boiling water with 1 tbsp of oil. Boil only several of them at once, stirring from time to time - so they won't stick to the bottom. Boil them for 5 minutes after they surface. Optionally you can steam them for 20 minutes instead of boiling.