Egg and Salmon Sandwich by
Smoked salmon and egg whites on a toasted whole-wheat English muffin is the perfect power breakfast. For a more substantial meal, pair it with a piece of fruit or a glass of 100% juice.
Makes 1 sandwich.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped (optional)
- 1 ounce smoked salmon
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
1. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 1 minute. Add egg whites, salt and capers (if using) and cook, stirring constantly, until whites are set, about 30 seconds.
2. To make the sandwich, layer the egg whites, smoked salmon and tomato on English muffin.
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 5 g
|| 1 g
|| 7 mg
|| 670 mg
|| 3 g
|| 19 g