Crab Quesadillas by
These quesadillas have an irresistibly creamy filling. They also make great appetizers. Make it a meal: Serve with your favorite salsa on top and a cup of black bean soup topped with chopped avocado.
Makes 4 servings.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 8 ounces pasteurized crab-meat, drained if necessary
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
1. Combine Cheddar, cream cheese, scallions, bell pepper, cilantro, jalapenos (if using), orange zest and juice in a medium bowl. Gently stir in crab. Lay tortillas out on a work surface. Spread one-fourth of the filling on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
Serving Size: 1 quesdilla
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 11 g
|| 3 g
|| 83 mg
|| 625 mg
|| 3 g
|| 24 g