Tuscan-Style Tuna Salad by
This streamlined version of a northern Italian idea is perfect for a summer evening: no-fuss, no-cook and big taste. You can even make it ahead and store it, covered, in the refrigerator for several days. If you do, use it as a wrap filling for the next day's lunch.
Makes 4 servings.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained (see Note)
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, rinsed (see Ingredient note)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine tuna, beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 8 g
|| 1 g
|| 53 mg
|| 453 mg
|| 6 g
|| 31 g