Sweet and Savory Grilled Chicken by
This sweet and savory rub for grilled chicken relies on ingredients you most likely have on hand already—brown sugar, dry mustard and onion powder—making it a quick recipe for a night when you’re not sure what you’re making for dinner.
Makes 4 servings.
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (see Note)
1. Combine brown sugar, dry mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Coat both sides of chicken with the rub up to 30 minutes before grilling or broiling.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high or position a rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
4. To grill: Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side.
5. To broil: Line a broiler pan (or baking sheet) with foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the foil. Broil, watching carefully and turning at least once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 10 to 15 minutes total.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 3 g
|| 1 g
|| 63 mg
|| 196 mg
|| 23 g