Sweet Potato Hash with Black Forest Ham by
Flavorful Black Forest ham subtly enriches the hash without taking over. Serve this alongside chicken or duck, or set a poached egg on top for a light meal on its own.
Makes 4 servings.
Total time: 25 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, (about 2 medium), peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely diced Black Forest ham, (2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add sweet potatoes and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the potatoes are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in ham and thyme; cook, stirring, until the ham is heated through, about 1 minute more.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 4 g
|| 1 g
|| 11 mg
|| 258 mg
|| 2 g
|| 6 g