Dad's Favorite French Onion Soup #63850 by
1 1/2 hours 30 min prep
4 tbs butter
1 lb onion, peeled and finely sliced.
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp flour
4 c beef stock
1 c white wine
French bread, slice and lightly toasted
swiss cheese, sliced or shredded
parmesan cheese, fresh grated
lb onion, peeled and finely sliced.
c beef stock
c white wine
1. In a big saucepan, melt the butter; add the onions, salt and pepper, and mustard.
2. Saute over low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are browned (20 - 30 minutes).
3. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
4. Add the stock and wine; stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and slimmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
6. Note: Can me made in the crockpot and cooked on LOW.
7. To serve: Place French Bread slices in over-proof bowls, add cheeses over the bread.
8. Pour soup over the bread and place bowls under the broiler until the cheese melts.
9. Note: I put the bowls on a baking sheet then place them in the over under the broiler.
Serving Size: 305g
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 8.2 g
|| 5.1 g
|| 20 mg
|| 580 mg
|| 1.1 g
|| 3.6 g
|| 2.8 g