Baked Eggs Brunch by
Tags: Eggs, Expensive
Night before prep:
- Make night before and add egg and cook in morning
2 tbsp olive oil
2 leeks, thinly sliced
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 x 100g bags baby spinach leaves
handful fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
25g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
4 medium eggs
leeks, thinly sliced
onions, thinly sliced
x 100g bags baby spinach leaves
g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
sundried tomatoes, chopped
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add the leeks, onions and seasoning.
3. Cook for 15-20 mins until soft and beginning to caramelise.
4. Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water.
5. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
6. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together.
7. Arrange the leek and onion mixture between 4 ovenproof dishes, then scatter with the spinach and pieces of sundried tomato.
8. Make a well in the middle of each dish and crack an egg in it.
9. Season and sprinkle with cheese crumbs.
10. Put the dishes on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 mins, until the whites are set and yolks are cooked to your liking.