Salsa Fresca (mild) by
This is a great healthy and easy to make recipe for people looking to add some color and flavor to a dish.
This recipe is great as both an appetizer but also as a sauce or dressing for a dish. goes great with salmon, steak, or eggs.
Get creative with this, I have used it on many things including a lot of Mexican dishes and on hot dogs. Just place the salsa fresca, some sour cream, and a little melted cheese on the hot dog bun(preferably toasted) and you are good to go.
- 3-4 plumb tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 a white onion (chopped)
- hand full of cilantro (chopped finely)
- 1 chille pepper (seeded and chopped finely)
- add more or less depending on how spicy you want it. also can add
- 1/2 a lime
- chopped up hard fruit like mango
- chop up equal amounts of tomato and white onion and add to a bowl
- seed and chop finely the chille and add to the bowl
- finely chop cilantro and add to bowl
- my advice is to put the cilantro in a plastic glass and use kitchen
scissors to chop. much faster and easier.
- squeeze 1/2 lime into bowl
- mix up ingredients and add salt as you like
if you use the fruit then only add it to what you will eat at that time, it won't keep well over time if it is kept in the salsa.