Easy Japanese Potato Salad by
2 medium potatoes
1/2 Japanese cucumber (they are pretty small) or 1/4 of a regular cucumber (If you don't have cucumbers on hand it's still good without them)
Japanese mayonnaise (or regular if you don't have it, but I highly recommend the Japanese kind if you can get to a Japanese market)
Japanese cucumber (they are pretty small) or 1/4 of a regular cucumber (If you don't have cucumbers on hand it's still good without them)
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into fourths, lengthwise, then cut into small even pieces. Peel and cut the carrot into small even pieces.
2. If you have cucumber, cut it lengthwise. Then cut thinly into half moons. Put the cucumber in a small bowl and add about a tsp of salt and set aside.
3. Put the cut potatoes and carrot into boiling water. Boil until both potato and carrot can be stabbed through easily with a fork. Drain completely and put potatoes and carrot in a separate bowl.
4. Mash the potato and carrot with a potato masher or spatula. Add about 3 TBS of mayonnaise or as desired and incorporate it evenly with the potato and carrot mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix in cucumber pieces.
6. Eat cold or at room temperature and enjoy!