Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts by
Tags: Spicy, Holidays, Sweet
Use my candied walnut recipe for the walnuts in this salad.
2 Bunches Medium Beets (about 1.5 lbs) tops trimmed
Kosher ot Grey Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper
2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
1/3 CUP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 CUP Walnuts
1 Bunch Arugula, trimmed and torn
1/2 Head Escarole, torn
4 Ounces Goat Cheese, crumbled
Bunches Medium Beets (about 1.5 lbs) tops trimmed
Red Wine Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bunch Arugula, trimmed and torn
Head Escarole, torn
Ounces Goat Cheese, crumbled
1. Place the trimmed beets in a saucepan and cover with water. Season very generously with salt and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender; about 20 minutes.
2. Drain and cool the beets. Once able to safely handle, peel the beets. The skin should slide off with only a little pressure from your fingers, use a paring knife to remove remaining skins. Cut each beet into bite size pieces.
3. Whisk the vinegar with salt and pepper, to taste, in a large bowl. Steadily whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Toss the cut beets with dressing and set aside to marinate for up to 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown, stirring once; about 7-8 minutes.
5. Toss the greens with the beets and divide into servings. Scatter walnuts and goat cheese on top and serve.
Serving Size: 1/4 of a recipe
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 33.51 g
|| 7.51 g
|| 13.04 mg
|| 105.58 mg
|| 0.98 g
|| 0.63 g
|| 7.48 g