Christmas Doughnuts by
1 1/1 oz fresh yeast
3 1/3 cups lukewarm milk
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
2 vanilla beans
2 tbsp sugar
4 egg, whites and yolks separated
1/1 oz fresh yeast
1/3 cups lukewarm milk
s all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
egg, whites and yolks separated
1. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
2. In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk.
3. In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, and cardamom. Split the vanilla beans in half lengthwise and, using the tip of a knife, scrape out the seeds and add them to the bowl.
4. Whisk the egg yolks into the milk and yeast, then add to the dry ingredients. Beat until it forms a batter. Fold the egg whites into the batter and let stand for 40 minutes.
3. Spray each ∆bleskiver pan cup with cooking spray (or coat with butter) and heat over medium heat until hot.
4. Pour about 2 tbsp of batter into each cup and (if desired) insert your choice of fruit into the center.
5. Once the edges become bubbly, turn the dough over quickly with a spoon or long knitting needle and cook until golden.
6. Repeat with remaining batter.