Philly Cheese steak sandwiches by
- 1 small onion
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds top sirloin steak
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 4 soft rolls
- 8 whit american or pepper jack cheese slices
- 1 hour before cooking, place steak in the freezer
- when youre ready start cooking preheat oven to 400°
-melt 1 tablespoon butter in a pan, at medium heat cooking veggies until tender.
- meanwhile slice meat as thinly as possible against the grain
- when veggies are done heat 1 tablespoon oil on med/high
- place 4 rolls in oven 5-7 minutes until warm, not crunchy
- Add 1/2 meat to pan, season with salt and pepper. cook few minutes until cooked through, set aside.
-heat a bit more oil if needed and cook other 1/2 the meat seasoning with salt and pepper. return the first batch of meat to pan. stir in vegies.
-Top with cheese,place cheese over the meat, when it starts to melt stir the cheese into meat and vegie mix.
- divide meat onto 4 rolls. cut in half and serve immediately.