Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shooters by
Source: Bakers Royale
Use the real Jell- o mix and not a sore brand, as store brands tend not to set up as firmly.
Choose the freshest strawberries you can find.
You can use a strawberry hulled or an apple corer along with a melon ballerina to empty out the strawberry.
They are best made the night before and served the next day.
Fill your strawberries as high as possible, as the Jell- o will sink a bit in the middle.
1 box Strawberry Jell-O
8 ounces tequila, preferably repos ado or blanco
6 ounces Cointreau
Salt for garnish
ounces tequila, preferably repos ado or blanco
1. Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell- o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
2. Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liqueur mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liqueur mixture to hot Jell- o mixture and stir to combine.
3. Pour final Jell- o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with lime triangle to finish.
1. Cut the bottom of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
2. Use a hulled or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
3. Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberry dry.
4. Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.