Tofu & Tomato Egg Soup by
Several ginger slices
One box of fresh tofu (around 8.OZ)
1 to 2 eggs, whisked
2 cups of water
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 tablespoon peanuts oil
Several drops of sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon chopped spring onions for garnish
to 2 eggs, whisked
s of water
tablespoon peanuts oil
tablespoon chopped spring onions for garnish
1. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, remove the seeds and set aside.
Cut the fresh tofu into cubes.
2. Heat up peanuts oil or olive oil in wok; add half of the tomato wedges in to stir fry until you can see the juice. Add water and ginger slices.
3. Bring the content to a boil. Add tofu cubes and the leftover tomato wedges slowly.
4. When it begins to boil again, pour the egg liquid in slowly and stir in circles.
5. Add salt. Turn off the fire and transfer the soup out.
6. Pour several drops of sesame oil on top and garnish some chopped spring onions on top.
* You can choose to save half of the tomatoes to add to the soup later, that way, they retain more of their shape. Or, for the most flavor, you can stir-fry all of the tomatoes